Saturday, October 20, 2012

Handwriting


I find it hard to write neatly on the blackboard.  I can't even show a picture of my writing on the Interactive White Board (IWB) until I practice more.

At the end of each week after the spelling test we make up a passage using spelling words from the four lists for that week.  Each student then writes this passage and illustrates it as part of their weekly handwriting task.  It is nice to have a task that includes all the students' together even though they have differing spelling lists and abilities.

List 1: wish, us.
List 2: near, each.
List 3: quietly
List 4: cicada.

I love the old blackboard still in this year 1/2 classroom.  It reminds me of my days at school and I am glad that even though there are now Interactive White Boards (IWB) in every classroom that some of the old things still remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.