Saturday, October 20, 2012

Adjectives

I taught a lesson on adjectives to my Stage 1 class last week.  I started by describing what an adjective was and then I played them this Schoolhouse Rock clip called unpack your adjectives.
 
 
They loved it!

We had been looking at books written by Lynley Dodd so I based my worksheet on the book Hairy Maclary.  I put a picture of each dog on it and asked the students to 'unpack' their adjectives and describe each dog.  Because there was a few Hairy Maclary posters in one corner of the classroom I asked the lower reading group to sit in that corner so they could refer to the posters for help with spelling and ideas.
 
It was a fun lesson and to finish up I played another clip on the IWB that is full of adjectives, The Wonky Donkey.  This was a great way to finish as I know they are singing The Wonkey Donkey in music so they loved seeing the video.  I hope they think of adjectives everytime they are singing that song from now on.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.