Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Changing my Degree?

When I chose to do a Bachelor of Education (Primary) in 2011 the thought of University study was daunting, exciting and unknown.  I looked at my options and choose Primary for a number of reasons.  I love small children, I have small children so I can relate to that stage of learning and also because it was new and I lacked confidence in my own ability; Primary seemed like the best fit for me at the time.

Fast forward to now.  In 2013 UNE have a new degree; Bachelor of Education (K-12).  I thought about this, looked at the units, thought about it.  I would lose 6 units by changing my focus now but I have changed since I started this process.

Our local school is a K-12 school.  Losing 6 units now is a lot easier to absorb than adding a post-grad study option down the track.  I am increasing my options and while those 6 units would not count towards the K-12 option I have the benefit of the experience and knowledge from having completed those units.

I applied to transfer and accepted the offer when confirmation came in that my scholarship would not be affected.  I have elected to major in English and Minor in History.  I am really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.