Wednesday, December 18, 2013

{Gifts}


There is something lovely about having a small child come up to you with a small package wrapped that they picked themselves just for you.  Having to wear new bracelets together for the last few days of school because every time they see you they look at your wrist to check if it is there and give you a shy smile of happiness when it is.  Of cards written and decorated with candy canes; boxes of chocolates and sweet treats too.  No teacher expects gifts, but when they are thoughtfully given as a way of saying thank you for doing a great job it is a special thing.


Also sweet is the unexpected gift that is given at the school presentation night to thank you for all your efforts throughout the year.  I was not expecting that any more than I was expecting my daughter to win the consistent achievement award for Kindergarten; what a great night all round!  I have been blessed this year to have worked with some wonderful teachers and students and to work at the school my daughter started at in the same year.

Today was my last day and at first I felt sad but then I decided to be happy and excited.   Teachers said they would see me in the new year and wished me well on my final pracs and my boss said to hurry up and qualify and make sure she was the first person I saw when I did; as I walked out I know I am no longer employed but I am still a part of the school family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.