Saturday, January 12, 2013

MiniLit

I have been offered a job by the school I completed my first practicum at.  I will be running a literacy programme called MiniLit.  I have already done my training for this new role and I am excited (and nervous) to be going back to work in a field that will compliment my studies and further my teaching experience too.


It is a 20 week programme so I will be employed for both term 1 and term 2 this year on top of my studies and other duties.  I hope to enhance my literacy teaching skills and look forward to working closely with a small group of children.

At the end of last year I spent a day at the school setting up my office and putting up my alphabet frieze and other materials.  I cannot tell you how good it felt to do that!  It does highlight the importance of conducting yourself in a professional manner while on practicum; you never know what may come of it not just long term, but in the short term too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.